- Suunto KB-14 with declination adjusment
- Last year I bought a Suunto KB-14/360D with a focusable bezel
and declination adjustment. The compass had a few serious design flaws
as far as the caving consumer is concerned.
- Fiberglass survey tapes and laser range finders
- In the course of two years of expeditions, the club has used a number
of different survey tapes. They tend to need replacing about every three months.
There are a number of different factors to take into account when chosing a
- Survey books
- Rite in the Rain #340 Cruiser's Transit Book:
My favorite thus far. It has a 10x10 to the inch grid, with 0.5 inch
accents and 160 pages. The cover is very durable, the stitching lasts, and the
pages are waterproof.